- Renaissance Place: AR, STAR, and MathFacts in a Flash
- Home Connect allows parents to see how the child is performing in AR and sign up to receive an email when the child takes a quiz.
- Renaissance Welcome to Parents and Guardians has answers to frequently asked questions about Renaissance products. In Math, Westover does Math Facts in a Flash.
- Survey on AR Incentives
- National Honor Roll was made this year by homerooms keeping an average of 85% correct and 20 minutes engaged reading time. Congratulations to our Westover Bears!
- Accelerated Reader for Parents 101
- Million Word Club 2017-18
- Use Follett Destiny, our library catalog, to search for books in our library or other county school libraries.
- Scholastic Book Fair
- Library Schedule
- Fall Festival Silent Auction
- Title I Parent Information
- Parent Guide to Being TNReady
- Online Books
- Screen Actors Guild Foundation features SAG members reading childrens books aloud!
- Pete the Cat
- Robert Munsch reads all of his stories aloud on his official site. The book is not shown, but hearing him read is an experience.
- Tennessee R.E.A.D.S....You need a library card from Everett Horne Library (or a Tennessee public library) to access these ebooks. You will need the Overdrive Reader app on an iPad or can use Kindle.
- Click on "book related" to choose books that are read aloud.
- E-Books Directory is a daily growing list of freely downloadable ebooks
- Free books that are in the public domain are available from a variety of authors. You may read the books online or offline.
- Bibliomania offers over 2000 great classic texts for download. Links to study guides and teacher resources are also available through this site.
- Lit2Go has the book and can be read in audiobook format.
- Games with Books
- Mighty Book has free books, music, and games.
- Mo Willems
- Lit2Go has online stories and poems print and audio
TASL 2017-2018 Bookmark Winners
3 months ago
A J Canaday, Samantha Bullock, Redding Wilson
McKaleigh Phillips, Belle Powers, Samantha Walls
Kayla Moody, Belle Powers, Samantha Walls
- Study Island
- Know Your World
- Sheppard Software Games
- Make the Ball Change Colors
- State Flowers (Watch to the end.)
- Watch Our States Grow
- Learn Touch Typing Free
- Nitro Type helps improve typing skills while racing.
- Dance Mat Typing for beginners
- Code.org® is a non-profit dedicated to expanding access to computer science
- Research/References Powerpoint
- Reference Skills
- Choose the Best Website
- Research Practice Prezi
- Primary and Secondary Sources Powerpoint
- Internet Safety
- Genre/Types of Text
- Fiction/Nonfiction, Call Numbers, Dewey
- Visiting the Libary Reminders
- Books ARRR My Treasure-Book Care
- TEL Tennessee Electronic Library-World Book; magazine, journal, and newspaper articles; videos; e-books, etc.
- Fact Monster-dictionary, encyclopedia, thesaurus, almanac
- DK Find Out!
- LibrarySpot-best library and reference sites
- Library of Congress
- Time Magazine
- National Geographic Kids
- Encyclopedia Britannica
- Common Core Standards Guide by National PTA
- Author Pronunciations
- goodreads (has lists of series in order)
- Reading Rockets (Interviews with Authors and Illustrators
- A-Z Index of Animals
- Safe Visual Search Engine for Kids
- Ranger Rick
Dr. Seuss/Read Across America March 2018
3 months ago
Mr. Leon Mullen , Ms Theresa's dad, reading some Dr. Seuss books to her Pre-K four year olds!
Anyone up for green eggs and ham?
The PreK eats green eggs and ham with their cat in the hat hats!
Helping The Frances Hensley Animal Shelter in Lexington
3 months ago
Mrs. Monica Rayas and her daughters, who volunteer at the Frances Hensley Animal Shelter in Lexington, brought Edward, the dog, and, Flannel, the cat, to visit the homerooms who made donations to the shelter. They went to the following homerooms: Mrs. Debbie, Mrs. Wilkinson, Mrs. Douglas, Mrs. Hayes, Mrs. Duncan, Mrs. Britt, Mrs. Pearson, and Mrs. Creech.
Mrs. Jamie Creech's sixth graders did a
project to help the shelter and have a box in the library for donations
that we are still collecting, so please continue to send them!
Million Word Club
about 1 month ago