- Renaissance Place: AR, STAR, and MathFacts in a Flash
- AR Store and Other Incentives
- Home Connect allows parents to see how the child is performing in AR and sign up to receive an email when the child takes a quiz.
- National Honor Roll was made this year by homerooms keeping an average of 85% correct and 20 minutes engaged reading time. Congratulations to our Westover Bears!
- Homerooms Meeting National Honor Roll Requirements
- Million Word Club 2019-20
- Million Word Club 2017-18, 2018-19
- Accelerated Reader for Parents 101
- Renaissance Welcome to Parents and Guardians has answers to frequently asked questions about Renaissance products. In Math, Westover does Math Facts in a Flash.
- Use Follett Destiny, our library catalog, to search for books in our library or other county school libraries.
- Scholastic Book Fair
- Library Schedule
- Fall Festival Silent Auction
- Title I Parent Information
- Online Books
- Screen Actors Guild Foundation features SAG members reading childrens books aloud!
- Pete the Cat
- Robert Munsch reads all of his stories aloud on his official site. The book is not shown, but hearing him read is an experience.
- Tennessee R.E.A.D.S....You need a library card from Everett Horne Library (or a Tennessee public library) to access these ebooks. You will need the Overdrive Reader app on an iPad or can use Kindle.
- Click on "book related" to choose books that are read aloud.
- E-Books Directory is a daily growing list of freely downloadable ebooks
- Free books that are in the public domain are available from a variety of authors. You may read the books online or offline.
- Bibliomania offers over 2000 great classic texts for download. Links to study guides and teacher resources are also available through this site.
- Mighty Book has free books, music, and games.
- Balloons Over Broadway
- Lit2Go has online stories and poems, print and audio
- Mo Willems
- Storytime from Space
- Games with Books
TASL 2018-2019 Bookmark Winners
9 months ago
Everyone Belongs @ Your School Library
These will be sent to the TASL (Tennessee Association of School Librarians) state contest.
6th-8th Brylie Ruga, Brianna Buckley, Shaelynn Benson
3rd-5th Nicholas Powers, Eliana Wright, Sierra
1st-2nd Maci Fowler, Paisley Yates, Gauge Hall
- TEL Tennessee Electronic Library-World Book; magazine, journal, and newspaper articles; videos; e-books, etc.
- Fact Monster-dictionary, encyclopedia, thesaurus, almanac
- DK Find Out!
- LibrarySpot-best library and reference sites
- Library of Congress
- Time Magazine
- National Geographic Kids
- Encyclopedia Britannica
- Common Core Standards Guide by National PTA
- Author Pronunciations
- goodreads (has lists of series in order)
- Reading Rockets (Interviews with Authors and Illustrators
- A-Z Index of Animals
- Safe Visual Search Engine for Kids
- Ranger Rick
- Try Engineering
- Research/References Powerpoint
- Reference Skills
- Choose the Best Website
- Research Practice Prezi
- Primary and Secondary Sources Powerpoint
- Internet Safety
- Genre/Types of Text
- Fiction/Nonfiction, Call Numbers, Dewey
- Library/Book Care
Dr. Seuss/Read Across America March 2019
9 months ago
Captain Donna Hetherington
Captain Donna Hetherington, from the Lexington Police Department, read The Cat in the Hat to Mrs. Overman's class. They enjoyed talking with her! Thanks to her for taking time out of her day to come!
First Grade Teachers
What a team of teachers!
Mrs. Tina Frizzell, Mrs. Andrea Wilkinson, Mrs. Kassie Overman, and Miss Amber Vineyard!
Our fourth grade student teacher, Miss Rachel Roberts really dressed the part as the Lorax and also read the book to the fourth graders! Good luck to her in her next student teaching position and her teaching position in the fall!
Helping The Frances Hensley Animal Shelter in Lexington
about 1 year ago
Mrs. Monica Rayas and her daughters, who volunteer at the Frances Hensley Animal Shelter in Lexington, brought Edward, the dog, and, Flannel, the cat, to visit the homerooms who made donations to the shelter. They went to the following homerooms: Mrs. Debbie, Mrs. Wilkinson, Mrs. Douglas, Mrs. Hayes, Mrs. Duncan, Mrs. Britt, Mrs. Pearson, and Mrs. Creech.
Mrs. Jamie Creech's sixth graders did a
project to help the shelter and have a box in the library for donations
that we are still collecting, so please continue to send them!
- Study Island
- Know Your World
- Sheppard Software Games
- Make the Ball Change Colors
- State Flowers (Watch to the end.)
- Watch Our States Grow
- Learn Touch Typing Free
- Nitro Type helps improve typing skills while racing.
- Dance Mat Typing for beginners
- Code.org® is a non-profit dedicated to expanding access to computer science
- Switcheroo Zoo has animal games and information.
- Highlights Kids has games, jokes, and exploring for kids.
- Make a Snowflake on the Web
- Make a Flake
- Interactive Periodic Table
- Switch Zoo
R.E.A.D.S., Overdrive, Libby
11 months ago